2010/01/21

Talk to Me

"Are you new here?"
"Sort of, I've been working here for one semester."
"I'm in here a lot, and I try to introduce myself to the folks that work here."
"Well, in that case, I'm April."

Every now and then, I produce another blog post about my feeling hopelessly awkward in everyday instances of meeting new people. I want to try harder, though... I'll still be awkward for a while, but I'm sure I'll get better with practice. I introduced myself to a friend of a friend last week on two separate occasions. I still remember their names. I'm proud of myself.

Oddly enough, I feel less talkative lately than I usually am. Phone conversations and car rides are becoming more silent more frequently. What's more surprising is my feeling OK with this. I like to think of it as a sign of maturity. Not everything is "omg this is so totally amazing, lemme tell you about it"; contrary to what I used to think, I don't know it all; more than likely, not everyone cares about my every opinion about everything.

I want to take this time in my life to receive, listen, feel, experience, and inhale. I was young before, but I'm a different kind of young now. I'm ready to learn.

So, talk to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment