2010/12/31

A little about Zim

Lemme tell you a little about my best friend... (OK, so just one of my best friends ... cuz I'm one of those greedy folks who's got a few besties... but I feel like telling you about this one in particular...) For anonymity's sake, I'll call him/her Zim. I'm overcome with the desire to write about Zim because I miss Zim so much. Zim and I are in the current state that all best friends go through every now and then: we're wrapped up in our own love interests too much to remember to make time for each other. Regardless, Zim are still one of the bests. Here's a little about Zim.

These aren't necessarily what I like about Zim or even Zim's best qualities. This is just a general description of Zim.

Zim and I met on a fortuitously on an August afternoon and were inseparable in the years that followed. Zim is the kind of person that everyone gets a long with -- everyone's got a claim on Zim as their best friend. I cannot harbor any sort of jealousy though, because Zim always has a way to make me feel like I'm the only one that matters when I'm with Zim. I'm sure that's how Zim makes everyone feel, actually. Zim always picks up the phone when I call and not with a "hey, what's up?" in an expectant way that translates to mean "hey, why are you calling?". Instead, Zim answers the phone with "April, how are you?!"

Zim is a daredevil, which makes me wonder why Zim wants to have anything to do with squirmish me. Zim stays up until 6 or 7 a.m. on a regular basis, sometimes chatting with friends, staying up with me, but many times playing video games. Zim makes me laugh 'til I stop breathing. While many see me as a serious girl, Zim brings out the funny in me.

Zim and I love the Backstreet Boys.

Zim and I have gotten into fights. One time, Zim gave me a note of apology. I didn't read it until after I had already gotten over the argument 10 minutes later, but it still meant a lot to me. I still have it after three years.

Zim is sincere. When Zim gives me hugs, Zim stands with arms wide open, brings me close, and doesn't let go for a long time. This is true for when we meet and when we part. Zim and I are not afraid to tell each other that we love each other or that we're best friends.

How did I ever get so lucky?



No comments:

Post a Comment