1. My sisters came to Tokyo for the first time in over a decade.
...we visited a shrine for New Year along with what I can only assume is about half the population of Japan.
2. I made new friends.
...and also a lot of ex-pat, former-Cali, new friends
3. I faced my fear of heights.
4. I inadvertently had a week-long full immersion Japanese experience...
...and traversed some sand dunes while I was at it.
5. I saw (...and ate...) almost all of Taiwan.
6. Spent 10 days in China...
6. ... a few days in South Korea...
7. ...and some family time for Christmas and New Year in the Philippines.
...with Ayumi, my other half.
8. I continued old hobbies.
I ran a lot.
(one relay race, three half marathons, a 9-mile "run from hell" (as it's actually called),
and one full marathon, to be exact)
And I read a lot.
And I found one of my new favorite books, Shantaram by Gregory David Roberts.
9. I also pushed myself to get better at newer hobbies.
10. I took a step or two forward in the love department.
11. Most importantly, I enjoyed life to the fullest all year round.
Thanks for the memories, 2013!