2009/02/05

Growing Down?


As much as I pride myself in being my own woman, Miss Independent, strong, powerful, and usually pretty stubborn, recently I've noticed that I've taken a liking to being taken care of.

I almost don't like that I like that (if that makes any sense). I think that it's a new feeling because aside from my parents, I never really let anyone take care of me. I'm the Ate. I somehow found it endearing that the men in my life needed my TLC to make it through the day.

I think that I need to give people that benefit of having the same desire to take care of others in the way that I do. I didn't like it when anyone paid for me for lunch, but I always wanted to pay for others. Why didn't I ever turn the situation around?

Asking for help doesn't make me a weaker person. Letting someone take care of me when they offer isn't asking someone to go out of their way. Allowing for someone to lift me up doesn't put me below them, rather it brings me closer to them.

I guess what I'm trying to say is: Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment