2011/05/04

Mt. Diablo State Park



Oh, gross. Just re-read my last post. Am I always that self-righteous, or is it just a once-a-week thing?


Don't answer that.

I just wanted to write up a quickie to log ~13 more mi. to my beloved running shoes. These miles took place over the course of the past week. Unfortunately, 10 of those are from hiking, not running. I say unfortunately because running shoes are so not for hiking. Ouchies. I don't have any hiking shoes, though, and the only other shoes I own are Vans slip-ons and girly ballet flats.

My three running miles were around The Grand Lake. Well, Lake Merritt.

Seven of the 10 hiking miles was around "The Grand Loop" (Mt. Diablo State Park). This walk in the park (so to speak) had a 1,700-ft. elevation gain. I don't really know what that means in terms of difficulty, but I do know that I was sore for the next couple of days. Aw, yeah. Just the way I like it.



Cheers... to vino and sunsets from mountain tops!

No comments:

Post a Comment